What is wrong with you? Are you okay in the head? Do you understand that rape happens, incest happens, and just in general, unwanted pregnancies happen? Do you think a woman has to give birth to her RAPIST’S child, just because an imaginary man in the sky said abortion is wrong?? What happens when it’s a 12 year old girl, having to give birth to her baby after her uncle raped her? Why is that okay to you??? That’s more horrific than abortion will ever be.
The foster system is flawed as well, some children end up being in it until they are 18. Children can also end up being victims of abuse while in there as well, but hey, good thing their mom chose life! Good thing they get to live, being hungry, abused, and scared. If you and all your god loving friends make abortion illegal (which, will logically NEVER happen, hell yeah!) then it will just become a black market operation and it will become increasingly dangerous. So, if a mother dies while getting an unsafe abortion, is that okay? When does a life stop becoming a life?
Did you know that over 98% of abortions committed by Planned Parenthood are against healthy children carried by healthy mothers? Did you know that less than 1% of the children killed by Planned Parenthood are brought there to pay for the crimes of their rapist or incestual father? Like all people who believe using violence against innocent prenatal children is a ‘human right’, you rely on the extremely rare ‘hard cases’ to justify that violence.
Let’s take your flailing rant apart point-by-point:
- I’m not religious, I’m a pro-life atheist. Abortion isn’t a religious issue, it’s a human rights issue. And by a human rights issue, I mean the right of every innocent human being to live among us as equals, regardless of their size, location, or level of dependency.
- Rape and incest happens. Pediphilia happens. Assault happens. Domestic abuse happens. Abortion (a euphemism for murder) happens. Notice that each of these are a violation of another person’s body, all but one is illegal. Remember, its always been your body, even prior to your birth (check that little round scar on your abdomen for proof).
- The manner of your conception is irrelevant to whether or not you are a human being. My daughter was conceived through rape. She isn’t the rapist’s child, she’s my child. You are discriminating against every person ever conceived by rape, just like people discriminate against others because of their race, age, or sex. These are things we can’t control. People are people, period.
- As with the manner of conception, the age of one’s mother also fails to determine the value of one’s life. Prior to the relatively recent establishment of our ‘civilized’ societies, human females routinely carried and birthed children at 12 years old. In fact, every single one of us are here today thanks to our very young ancestors passing the baton of life to us over millions of years of reproduction. If a female wasn’t capable of carrying and birthing a child, she wouldn’t become fertile at 12 years old. The problem isn’t with the capabilities of the human body, it’s with people like you who believe a child should be killed based on the age of their mother or how they were conceived.
- Loving and cherishing a child is never more horrific than abortion. A child conceived through rape/incest didn’t ask to be conceived, just like a child conceived through love never asked. We don’t need permission to occupy our mother’s womb since we have no control over being placed there. The point of cultureshift is to build a culture that values every human being from the moment they start being human. That moment is the moment of conception, not the moment of acceptance.
- Every system ever created by humans is flawed, including the foster care and adoption systems. Not only because humans engineered the systems, but because they operate the systems. Just like biological parents, some foster and adoptive parents are flawed. Just like biological parents, most foster and adoptive parents are caring amazing people. Remember, the reason children find themselves in the foster system is because of the flaws of their biological parents. If abortion can really solve social problems, how many more babies must die before it begins to work?
- There is no such thing as a safe abortion. At least one person involved will lose their life. When once again outlawed, abortion, like all criminal activities, will spawn a black market. There will always be some mothers willing to pay someone to reach into their womb and kill their child. Killing born children is illegal, yet thousands of infants and toddlers are murdered by their parents every year. The only difference is that killing a child outside of the womb comes with severe legal consequences while killing that same child inside the womb is free of those consequences. I’m working to change that. The abortion rate exploded in 1973 after Roe v. Wade made killing prenatal American children ‘safe’ and legal. My sister was one of its victims. How safe was she?
- If a mother dies while drowning her toddler, is that okay with you? Mothers should nurture and protect their children at all times, inside and outside of the womb. I certainly wouldn’t mourn someone’s loss if they died during the process of killing their child through abortion as much as I would otherwise, just like you wouldn’t mourn their loss if they died while drowning their child. That’s Karma, and you know what Karma is.
- You ended with one final question: When does a life stop becoming a life? Since I subscribe to science, not morally ambiguous delusions, the answer is simple. Every individual human life begins at fertilization and every human life ends with the irreversible cessation of circulatory and respiratory functions or the irreversible cessation of all functions of the entire brain, including the brain stem. Like all living things, we start as a single cell and grow over time to eventually consist of trillions of cells, all working together. Human value isn’t measured in cell count. To more succinctly answer your question, I’ll provide a clear example: a life stops becoming a life when it’s aborted from the safety of its mother’s womb.
Every act of violence starts with a choice. Abortion is no different.
Be a voice for the voiceless by subscribing to our weekly digest and sharing the truth with the world.