Planned Parenthood’s entire business model is built upon the dehumanization of an entire class of human beings – the preborn. They refer to the children they kill as ‘products of conception’ and are very careful to avoid calling those products babies. Their marketing campaigns are riddled with similar euphemisms to cloak the reality of who and what they are. From their corporate website…
D&E — DILATION AND EVACUATION
- Your health care provider will examine you and check your uterus.
- You will get medication for pain. You may be offered sedation or IV medication to make you more comfortable.
- A speculum will be inserted into your vagina.
- Your cervix will be prepared for the procedure. You may be given medication or have absorbent dilators inserted a day or a few hours before the procedure. They will absorb fluid and grow bigger. This slowly stretches open your cervix.
- You will be given antibiotics to prevent infection.
- In later second-trimester procedures, you may also need a shot through your abdomen to make sure that the fetus’s heart stops before the procedure begins.
- Your health care provider will inject a numbing medication into or near your cervix.
- Medical instruments and a suction machine gently empty your uterus.
A D&E usually takes between 10 and 20 minutes. But more time is needed to prepare your cervix. Time is also needed for talking with your provider about the procedure, a physical exam, reading and signing forms, and a recovery period of about one hour.
Abortion not only destroys a child’s life, it undermines the fabric of a just society and destroys our collective humanity. It’s time to confront this injustice and finally restore the promise of the right to Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. To finally make the idea that all humans are equal a reality. It’s time to end the tragedy of human abortion.