If you’re a single pregnant parent who wants to choose life, but don’t feel like it’s economically/socially viable at your current point—look into Maggie’s Place.
Maggie’s Place provides a home first during and then up to two years after your pregnancy as well as ensuring that you become economically and socially independent through their programs
- A nurturing and stable home environment and nutritious food
- Maternity and infant supplies
- Weekly therapeutic counseling
- Bus passes
- Informal mentoring from other new mothers
- Case management through an one-on-one interaction between the mom and staff in what we term the “contact person” relationship
- A savings program in which women must save 70% of any income they receive while living at Maggie’s Place.
- Weekly life skills courses on topics such as childbirth, healthy nutrition, budgeting, communication, and child rearing.
- Referrals to community agencies including parenting classes, adoption counseling, job training, and low-cost housing.
- Access to education programs including high school equivalency, community colleges, and vocational training through referrals and a scholarship program.
- Knowledge of state programs including health insurance, day care subsidies, food stamps, child support and cash assistance.
- Informal modeling of healthy family life including conflict resolution, facilitating decisions for the common good, upholding expectations and consequences as needed, and celebrating goals achieved.
- Opportunities for prayer and spiritual development (i.e. participation in community prayer, invitations to join the staff). Please note: while the house is rooted in the Catholic traditions, the moms come from a wide variety of religious background and participation in spiritual opportunities is by invitation, not expectation.
These are there current locations
And their website http://www.maggiesplace.org/
Please share to get the word out and provide support for pregnant people!
Be a voice for the voiceless by subscribing to our weekly digest and sharing the truth with the world.