Done by the Elliot Institute.
1. 31% of women having abortions report suffering physical health complications (1)
2. 10% of women having abortions suffer immediate, potentially life-threatening complications (2, 3, 4)
3. Women have a 65% higher risk of clinical depression following abortion vs. childbirth (5)
4. 65% of women suffer symptoms of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) after abortion (1)
5. Women’s death rates from various causes after abortion are 3.5 times higher than after giving birth (6, 7)
6. Many women describe their experience as ‘a nightmare’, which can hardly equated with ‘choice’. 60% of women surveyed after abortion responded that: ’Part of me died’ (1)
7. Suicide rates among women who have abortions are six times higher than those who give birth (7, 8)
8. Abortion increases a woman’s risk of future miscarriages by 60%
More at: http://www.lifenews.com/2013/08/27/eight-facts-most-people-dont-know-about-how-abortion-hurts-women/
Be a voice for the voiceless by subscribing to our weekly digest and sharing the truth with the world.