I understand your opinion on abortion, but you must see that the fetus is in no way a functional human being, it has no brain, no thoughts, no personality. It is the size of the tip of a pin.
The baby inside of a woman has their own DNA… HUMAN DNA. How can you say it isn’t human? Did you fail biology? Seriously, how are you rationalizing this?
- Day 1 – conception takes place.
- 7 days – tiny human implants in mother’s uterus.
- 10 days – mother’s menses stop.
- 14 days – recoils from external stimuli.
- 18 days – heart begins to beat.
- 21 days – pumps own blood through separate closed circulatory system with own blood type.
- 28 days – eye, ear and respiratory system begin to form.
- 42 days – brain waves recorded, skeleton complete, reflexes present.
- 7 weeks – photo of thumbsucking.
- 8 weeks – all body systems present.
- 9 weeks – squints, swallows, moves tongue, makes fist.
- 11 weeks – spontaneous breathing movements, has fingernails, all body systems working.
- 12 weeks – weighs one ounce.
- 16 weeks – genitals clearly differentiated, grasps with hands, swims, kicks, turns, somersaults.
- 18 weeks – vocal cords work – can cry.
- 20 weeks – has hair on head, weighs one pound, 12 inches long.
- 23 weeks – 15% chance of viability outside of womb if birth premature.
- 24 weeks – 56% of babies survive premature birth.
- 25 weeks – 79% of babies survive premature birth.
Source: M. Allen et. al., “The Limits of Viability.” New England Journal of Medicine, 11/25/93: Vol. 329, No. 22, p. 1597
Be a voice for the voiceless by subscribing to our weekly digest and sharing the truth with the world.