On February 13, 2014, Belgium legalized euthanasia by lethal injection for children.
By a vote of 86 to 44 with 12 abstentions, the lower house of Parliament approved the law which had previously been passed by the country’s Senate. Young children will be allowed to end their lives with the help of a doctor in the world’s most radical extension of a euthanasia law.
Under the law there is no age limit to minors who can seek a lethal injection.
Parents must agree with the decision, however, there are serious questions about how much pressure will be placed on parents and/or their children.
In anticipation of the law’s passage, some Belgian parents, such as Professor Jutte van den Werff Ten Bosch, had already talked with a child, expressing support if the child should ever request euthanasia. Others had questioned, “What would prompt a child to ask?” And what would run through a child’s mind when given the option?
- Are they saying that I should take the euthanasia option?
- Are they saying that my life is hopeless and not worth living?
- Are they saying that they (the parents) just can’t take it anymore?
- Are they telling me that euthanasia is a heroic option?
- Are they saying that there’s no point to my life?
- Are they telling me that I’ve suffered enough?
This is the culture of death that human abortion is spawning. Take a stand against this depraved act before we slip into an inescapable abyss.
Be a voice for the voiceless by subscribing to our weekly digest and sharing the truth with the world.