I have been sent dozens of death and rape threats over the past week or so because of questions I sent to you on Tumblr, or posts I made about being pro-life. To be honest, it’s extremely difficult for me to remain on Tumblr. I enjoy it a lot, as entertainment and as a way to express myself, but the threats are becoming distressing. I delete them as soon as I see them, but it does not stop the hurt. I am not sure what to do. I know Tumblr staff will not help, because I’m pro-life.
Whenever you start to feel sorry for yourself, think about the children who will die tomorrow when you wake up. Over 120,000 will be killed on that day alone. If you walk away from them, how will you feel when you wake up knowing they will die while you do nothing? Silence never helps the oppressed, it only aids the oppressor. Apathy is just as deadly as a razor sharp curette.
I have admired your willingness to ask me questions that support life. You have been amazing and I hope you will continue to fight alongside me. Our prenatal children desperately need you. They need all of us.
I wrote this a few months ago when I began to feel as you do…
WHY I STAND FOR THE PREBORN
- Because life is beautiful and every human being deserves to experience it, even the unwanted.
- Because I know that there is no such thing as an unwanted child, they are just temporarily lost but will be found.
- Because a culture built on life inspires greatness in its people.
- Because a society that allows the killing of its own unborn children is at risk for further loss of human rights.
- Because all human life has equal value regardless of size, age, or stage of development.
- Because I don’t want the mothers who are pressured by friends, family, and society to kill their children to have to live with this decision for the rest of their lives.
- Because every human being deserves to be welcomed by the society it was conceived in.
- Because I want women to feel joy and pride when they learn that they are harboring life inside of them, not fear and regret.
- Because I know that life begins at conception and that it is immoral and cruel to deny that life to the most vulnerable members of our human community.
- Because I don’t want the legacy of our era to be defined by the millions of dead children that are forever lost to the selfishness of our society, I want it defined by how we confronted our own depravity and replaced it with a new respect for the dignity of human life.
- Because the love and protection of a child unborn is the ultimate love a mother and a society can give.
- Because I know we are better than this.
Be unafraid. Be unashamed. Be unrelenting.
Be a voice for the voiceless by subscribing to our weekly digest and sharing the truth with the world.